We’re on day 4 of Open Access (OA) Week! We had a great turn out yesterday at the button making station outside the library and the social media activity is still going strong. Photos are posted on the @digitalUTSC Instagram and Twitter accounts, as well as the EPSA Facebook page. Thanks to all who have been participating!
Of particular interest to those at UTSC:
- We're back TODAY 10:30am-3pm outside the library so if you have a spare moment, please drop by to say hello, make a button and share your thoughts on OA.
- Drop by the Library Instruction Lab (AC286A) 2-3pm today and Friday if have any questions about depositing copies of your publications in our research repository (TSpace) or want to know more about publishing in an OA journal.
- If you’re looking to publish in an OA journal but don’t have any funding remaining, you may want to consider the Library’s OA Author Fund pilot which has been extended into 2015. We also have RSC Gold-for-Gold vouchers if you’re publishing in an RSC publication. Questions? Email me or come to one of the drop-in sessions listed above.
- I’ve been periodically tweeting out links to OA publications/open data/other open research outputs to showcase the amazing scholarly output of UTSC researchers. If you have something you’d like me to highlight, please either email me or include the Library's Digital Scholarship Unit (@digitalUTSC) or my personal (@4Bes) Twitter handle if you decide tweet out a link yourself.
- There will also be more oaweek trivia coming tomorrow! Show off your OA skills on the @UofTSCCO FB page to win a Starbucks gift card facebook.com/copyrightatuoft.